Civic OfficesBook - 1980
Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Kent officially opened the new Civic offices on 12 November 1980. This booklet was published to mark the event. The building was originally designed in 1935 by G. A. Hart for the retail store, factory and warehouse Millers and was completed in 1939. It was notable for its structural design concept of beamless floor slab construction in reinforced concrete where the design loads, including earthquake forces, are transferred to the hexagonal columns by mushroom-shaped heads and drop slabs.
Publisher: [Christchurch, N.Z. : City Council, 1980]
Branch Call Number: 725.13 CHR
Characteristics:  p. :,ill. (some col.), col. map, col. plans ;,30 cm.
Alternative Title: Christchurch City Council Civic Offices